Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram – People today comprehend that trailer is a car comprised of quite complicated mechanics. This automobile is designed not only to travel one place to another but also to carry heavy loads. This article will be discussing ford f150 trailer wiring harness diagram. What are the benefits of knowing these knowledge? You’ll be surprised to know it.
First, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, driver would want to learn where the problem place can be located. It helps immediately in repairing errors. Secondly, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is good for people who want to test building for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Usually, there are 3 types of diagrams which people are able to look at when aiming to assemble cables for trailers. Each cable includes different purpose and design so it is important for driver to match the needs before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram version is more suitable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It can transfer power better so the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the vehicle. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the ground.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is great for trailer which has large capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric consuming characteristics that RV and other expensive trailers might have. Below is the setup for 5-pin connector for better understanding.
- White cables for ground electricity.
- Brown wires for conducting lights, tail lamps, and negative markers.
- Yellow cables for abandoned brake signal and left turn too.
- Green wires for proper brake sign and right turn also.
- Blue cables for electrical brakes so the automobile can function better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a really fundamental Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This type of connector is excellent for customer trailers. It should not be carrying significant loads during the journey. Along with being light, it’s suggested that the connector doesn’t have some power-draining accessory. The simple diagram for this connector is rather similar to above types.
- White cables for any power that happens on the light.
- Brown wires for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow cables for almost any left brake sign and left signal twist.
- Green wires for any appropriate brake signal and right signal twist.
Driver must notice several things related to the diagram, however. These items will protect against driver from encountering any electrical problem during use. It’s recommended that the white wire should connect the ground to some wire at the top. Though this sounds tedious, it is going to conserve consumer from hassles later on.
There is another thing related to diagram but is particularly about routing. An approach to wrap it round the trailer can be very interesting. It is because the wire will be able to distribute electricity to additional trailer’s components in equal method. Wires should be guarded by substance that’s powerful and durable but does not hinder its working.
Hopefully this post related to Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram is assisting driver to design their own trailer wires better. If not it’s still a great knowledge to have for when problems happen to your precious vehicle.