Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a car comprised of very complicated mechanics. This vehicle is designed not just to travel 1 place to another but also to carry heavy loads. This article will be discussing ford f150 trailer wiring harness diagram. Which are the advantages of knowing such knowledge? You will be surprised to learn it.
To begin with, knowing the diagram of cables for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur with the trailer, driver would want to learn where the problem place can be located. It will help immediately in repairing errors. Second, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is good for those who want to try building for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Typically, there are 3 kinds of diagrams people may have a look at when planning to build wires such as trailers. Each cable includes different function and layout so it is essential for motorist to match the needs before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram version is far more suitable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better so the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the auto. Here is the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the ground.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is good for trailer which has large capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric intensive attributes that RV and other expensive trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for better comprehension.
- White wires for floor power.
- Brown wires for conducting lights, tail lights, and side markers.
- Yellow cables for left brake signal and left too.
- Green cables for proper brake sign and right turn also.
- Blue cables for electrical brakes so the car can function better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a really basic Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This type of connector is excellent for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads through the trip. In addition to being light, it’s suggested that the connector does not have any power-draining attachment. The fundamental diagram for this connector is rather like aforementioned types.
- White wires for any power that occurs on the light.
- Brown wires for almost any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for almost any left brake sign and left signal turn.
- Green cables for any correct brake sign and right signal turn.
Driver must notice several things linked to the diagram, though. These items will protect against driver from encountering any electrical problem during usage. It is advisable that the white wire should connect the floor to any wire on top. Though this sounds dull, it will conserve user from hassles in the future.
There is another thing linked to diagram but is particularly about routing. An approach to wrap it about the trailer can be very intriguing. It’s because the wire will be able to distribute electricity to other trailer’s components in equal manner. Wires should be protected by substance that is strong and durable but does not hinder its working.
Hopefully this post associated with Ford F150 Trailer Wiring Harness Diagram is helping motorist to design their own trailer cables . If not it is still a excellent knowledge to have for when troubles happen to your beloved vehicle.