Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a car comprised of rather complicated mechanics. This car is designed not only to travel 1 place to another but also to take heavy loads. This guide will be talking ford 7 pin trailer connector wiring diagram. Which are the benefits of knowing such knowledge? You will be surprised to understand it.
To begin with, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur with the trailer, driver would want to understand where the problem spot can be located. It helps immediately in fixing errors. Second, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is wonderful for those who wish to try gathering for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Usually, there are three kinds of diagrams which people may look at when planning to assemble wires for trailers. Each cable includes different purpose and design so it’s essential for driver to match the needs before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram model is far more suitable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It can transfer power better therefore the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the car. Here is the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your floor.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lighting.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is great for trailer which has large capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric consuming characteristics that RV and other expensive trailers might have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for better understanding.
- White cables for floor power.
- Brown cables for conducting lights, tail lamps, and side markers.
- Yellow cables for left brake signal and left too.
- Green cables for proper brake sign and right turn too.
- Blue wires for electric brakes so the automobile can function better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a really basic Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is excellent for consumer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the journey. Besides being light, it is advised that the connector does not have any power-draining attachment. The basic diagram for this connector is quite similar to above types.
- White wires for any power that happens on the lighting.
- Brown wires for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow cables for almost any left brake sign and left sign turn.
- Green wires for any perfect brake sign and appropriate signal turn.
Driver should note several things related to the diagram, though. Such things will stop motorist from encountering any electric problem during utilization. It’s strongly recommended that the white cable must connect the floor to any white wire on top. Although this sounds dull, it is going to save consumer from hassles in the future.
There’s another thing linked to diagram however is particularly about routing. A way to wrap it round the trailer can be very interesting. It’s because the cable will have the ability to distribute electricity to other trailer’s components in equal manner. Wires should be guarded by material that’s powerful and durable but does not hinder its working.
Hopefully this post related to Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram is assisting motorist to design their own trailer wires . If not it’s still a great knowledge to get for when problems happen to your beloved vehicle.