Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a vehicle comprised of rather complicated mechanics. This vehicle is designed not only to travel one place to another but also to take heavy loads. This article will be talking ford 7 pin trailer connector wiring diagram. What are the benefits of understanding such knowledge? You will be amazed to know it.
First, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues happen with the trailer, driver might want to learn where the problem spot can be located. It will help immediately in repairing mistakes. Secondly, knowing the diagram of cables for trailer is terrific for those who wish to test assembling for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Generally, there are 3 types of diagrams that people may have a look at when aiming to assemble wires for trailers. Each cable has different purpose and layout so it is essential for motorist to match the requirements before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram version is more acceptable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better therefore the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the auto. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your floor.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lighting.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is very good for trailer which has large capacity. But, it does not have as sophisticated and electric intensive features that RV and other expensive trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for better understanding.
- White wires for ground power.
- Brown wires for working lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow wires for abandoned brake signal and left turn too.
- Green wires for right brake signal and right turn also.
- Blue cables for electrical brakes so the car can operate much better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a really fundamental Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is great for consumer trailers. It should not be carrying significant loads throughout the trip. Besides being light, it is recommended that the connector does not have any power-draining attachment. The fundamental diagram for this connector is quite like above types.
- White cables for any electricity that happens on the light.
- Brown cables for almost any running lights, back lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow cables for any left brake signal and left signal turn.
- Green wires for any right brake signal and right signal turn.
Driver must note several things related to the diagram, however. These items will protect against motorist from encountering any electric problem during use. It’s recommended that the white wire should connect the floor to any white wire at the top. Though this sounds dull, it will conserve consumer from hassles later on.
There is another thing related to diagram but is especially about routing. A way to wrap it around the trailer can be quite interesting. It’s because the wire will be able to distribute electricity to additional trailer’s parts in equal way. Wires should be guarded by substance that is powerful and durable but does not hinder its functioning.
Hopefully this post related to Ford 7 Pin Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram is assisting motorist to designing their own trailer cables . If not it’s still a great knowledge to have for when problems happen to your beloved vehicle.