Dodge 5500 Trailer Wiring Diagram – People today understand that trailer is a vehicle comprised of very complicated mechanics. This automobile is designed not just to travel one location to another but also to carry heavy loads. This report will be discussing dodge 5500 trailer wiring diagram. Which are the benefits of understanding these knowledge? You will be amazed to understand it.
First, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, motorist would want to understand where the problem place is located. It will help immediately in repairing mistakes. Secondly, knowing the diagram of cables for trailer is great for people who wish to try constructing for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Normally, there are three kinds of diagrams that people are able to take a look at when aiming to build wires for trailers. Each cable includes distinct purpose and layout so it is important for driver to match the needs before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This Dodge 5500 Trailer Wiring Diagram model is more appropriate for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better therefore the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the auto. Here is the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your floor.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left turn markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and right turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is very good for trailer that has big capacity. However, it doesn’t have as sophisticated and electrical intensive attributes that RV and other costly trailers might have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for superior understanding.
- White wires for ground power.
- Brown wires for conducting lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow wires for abandoned brake signal and left turn too.
- Green wires for proper brake signal and right turn too.
- Blue cables for electrical brakes so the car can function better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a very basic Dodge 5500 Trailer Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This sort of connector is excellent for customer trailers. It should not be carrying significant loads through the trip. In addition to being light, it’s suggested that the connector doesn’t have some power-draining attachment. The basic diagram for the connector is very similar to above types.
- White wires for any electricity that occurs on the light.
- Brown wires for virtually any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for any left brake signal and left signal twist.
- Green cables for any perfect brake sign and right signal twist.
Driver must note several things linked to the diagram, though. These items will avoid driver from encountering any electric problem during use. It’s advised that the white wire should connect the floor to some white wire at the top. Though this sounds dull, it is going to save consumer from hassles in the future.
There is another thing related to diagram but is particularly concerning routing. A way to wrap it round the trailer can be very intriguing. It is because the wire will be able to distribute power to other trailer’s parts in equivalent way. Wires should be protected by substance that is powerful and durable but doesn’t hinder its functioning.
Hopefully this post associated with Dodge 5500 Trailer Wiring Diagram is assisting motorist to designing their own trailer cables better. If not it’s still a wonderful knowledge to get for when problems happen to your beloved vehicle.