Curt Trailer Hitch Wiring Diagram – People today understand that trailer is a car comprised of rather complicated mechanics. This vehicle is designed not just to travel 1 location to another but also to take heavy loads. This article will be talking curt trailer hitch wiring diagram. What are the benefits of knowing such knowledge? You’ll be surprised to learn it.
First, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, driver would wish to know where the problem spot is located. It will help immediately in repairing errors. Secondly, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer is wonderful for people who wish to try building for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Generally, there are three types of diagrams people are able to have a look at when planning to build wires for trailers. Each cable has distinct function and design so it is important for driver to coincide with the needs before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This Curt Trailer Hitch Wiring Diagram version is far more acceptable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It can transfer power better so the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the auto. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the ground.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and right turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is very good for trailer that has large capacity. But, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric intensive features that RV and other expensive trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for greater comprehension.
- White cables for ground power.
- Brown wires for conducting lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow wires for left brake signal and left too.
- Green wires for right brake signal and right turn too.
- Blue wires for electric brakes so the car can operate better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a very fundamental Curt Trailer Hitch Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This type of connector is excellent for consumer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the trip. In addition to being light, it is recommended that the connector doesn’t have any power-draining attachment. The simple diagram for the connector is rather similar to aforementioned types.
- White cables for any electricity that occurs on the light.
- Brown cables for almost any running lights, back lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for any left brake sign and left signal twist.
- Green wires for any correct brake signal and appropriate signal turn.
Driver must note several things linked to the diagram, however. Such things will prevent motorist from encountering any electric problem during utilization. It’s advised that the white cable must connect the ground to any white wire on top. Although this sounds tedious, it is going to save consumer from hassles in the future.
There’s another thing related to diagram however is particularly concerning routing. A way to wrap it round the trailer can be very intriguing. It is because the cable will be able to distribute power to additional trailer’s components in equal method. Wires should be safeguarded by material that’s powerful and durable but does not interfere with its functioning.
Hopefully this article associated with Curt Trailer Hitch Wiring Diagram is helping motorist to design their own trailer wires better. If not it is still a fantastic knowledge to have for when problems happen to your precious car.