6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a car comprised of very complicated mechanics. This vehicle is designed not just to travel one location to another but also to take heavy loads. This guide will be discussing 6 prong trailer plug wiring diagram. What are the advantages of knowing such understanding? You’ll be surprised to know it.
First, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, motorist would wish to learn where the problem spot is located. It helps immediately in repairing mistakes. Second, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer is terrific for those who wish to try building for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Generally, there are 3 kinds of diagrams which people may have a look at when aiming to assemble cables such as trailers. Each cable has distinct function and design so it is important for motorist to coincide with the needs before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram version is much more appropriate for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better therefore the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the vehicle. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your floor.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is great for trailer that has big capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric intensive attributes that RV and other costly trailers might have. Below is the configuration to get 5-pin connector for improved comprehension.
- White cables for ground power.
- Brown cables for running lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow cables for left brake signal and left too.
- Green cables for right brake sign and right turn too.
- Blue wires for electrical brakes so the automobile can operate better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a very fundamental 6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is perfect for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the trip. Along with being light, it is recommended that the connector doesn’t have some power-draining accessory. The fundamental diagram for this connector is rather like aforementioned types.
- White wires for any power that occurs on the lighting.
- Brown cables for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for almost any left brake signal and left signal twist.
- Green cables for any perfect brake sign and appropriate signal turn.
Driver must notice several things related to the diagram, though. Such things will avert driver from encountering any electrical problem during use. It is recommended that the white wire should connect the ground to some white wire at the top. Although this sounds tedious, it is going to conserve consumer from hassles later on.
There’s another thing related to diagram however is especially concerning routing. An approach to wrap it around the trailer can be very intriguing. It is because the wire will be able to distribute electricity to other trailer’s parts in equal manner. Wires should be safeguarded by material that is powerful and durable but does not hinder its working.
Hopefully this post related to 6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram is helping motorist to design their own trailer cables better. If not it is still a excellent knowledge to have for when problems happen to your precious vehicle.