6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram – People understand that trailer is a vehicle comprised of rather complicated mechanisms. This automobile is designed not just to travel 1 location to another but also to carry heavy loads. This report will be discussing 6 prong trailer plug wiring diagram. Which are the advantages of knowing these understanding? You’ll be amazed to know it.
To begin with, knowing the diagram of cables for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues occur with the trailer, driver would want to learn where the problem place can be located. It will help immediately in fixing errors. Second, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is very good for those who wish to test gathering for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Normally, there are three types of diagrams that people can have a look at when planning to build wires such as trailers. Each cable has different function and design so it’s important for driver to coincide with the requirements before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram model is much more acceptable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better so the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the auto. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the floor.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left turn mark.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lighting.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is terrific for trailer which has large capacity. But, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric consuming characteristics that RV and other costly trailers may have. Below is the setup to get 5-pin connector for better understanding.
- White cables for floor power.
- Brown cables for working lights, tail lights, and side markers.
- Yellow cables for abandoned brake signal and left too.
- Green wires for proper brake sign and right twist too.
- Blue cables for electric brakes so that the car can function much better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a very basic 6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is great for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the trip. Besides being light, it is suggested that the connector doesn’t have any power-draining accessory. The simple diagram for the connector is rather similar to above types.
- White cables for any power that occurs on the lighting.
- Brown cables for almost any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow cables for virtually any left brake signal and left signal twist.
- Green cables for any proper brake signal and right signal turn.
Driver must notice several things related to the diagram, however. These items will protect against motorist from encountering any electrical problem during utilization. It is recommended that the white cable must connect the floor to any wire on top. Although this sounds tedious, it will save consumer from hassles in the future.
There’s another thing related to diagram however is especially about routing. A way to wrap it about the trailer can be very intriguing. It is because the wire will be able to distribute electricity to other trailer’s components in equivalent manner. Wires should be safeguarded by material that’s powerful and durable but doesn’t hinder its functioning.
Hopefully the article associated with 6 Prong Trailer Plug Wiring Diagram will be helping driver to design their own trailer wires better. If not it is still a wonderful knowledge to get for when problems happen to your precious car.