2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram – People comprehend that trailer is a car comprised of rather complicated mechanisms. This car is designed not only to travel 1 location to another but also to carry heavy loads. This guide will be discussing 2014 jeep grand cherokee trailer wiring diagram. What are the advantages of knowing such knowledge? You will be amazed to learn it.
To begin with, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues happen using the trailer, driver might want to learn where the problem spot can be located. It will help immediately in fixing mistakes. Second, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is terrific for those who wish to try assembling for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Usually, there are three types of diagrams that people may look at when planning to assemble wires for trailers. Each cable has distinct function and design so it’s essential for motorist to match the needs before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram model is more appropriate for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It can transfer power better hence the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the auto. Here is the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the ground.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left handed mark.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and right turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is very good for trailer which has large capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electrical intensive features that RV and other costly trailers might have. Below is the configuration to get 5-pin connector for better comprehension.
- White wires for ground electricity.
- Brown wires for running lights, tail lamps, and side markers.
- Yellow cables for left brake signal and left too.
- Green cables for proper brake sign and right twist also.
- Blue wires for electrical brakes so that the automobile can function much better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a very fundamental 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This type of connector is fantastic for customer trailers. It should not be carrying significant loads through the trip. In addition to being light, it is advised that the connector does not have any power-draining attachment. The basic diagram for this connector is rather like aforementioned types.
- White wires for any power that occurs on the lighting.
- Brown cables for any running lights, back lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for virtually any left brake signal and left signal twist.
- Green cables for any appropriate brake signal and appropriate signal twist.
Driver must notice several things linked to the diagram, however. These items will prevent motorist from encountering any electrical problem during use. It is advised that the white cable must connect the ground to some white wire at the top. Though this sounds dull, it will conserve user from hassles later on.
There’s another thing linked to diagram but is especially concerning routing. An approach to wrap it about the trailer can be quite intriguing. It’s because the wire will be able to distribute power to other trailer’s parts in equivalent method. Wires should be protected by material that’s strong and durable but doesn’t interfere with its working.
Hopefully the post related to 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram will be helping driver to design their own trailer wires . If not it’s still a wonderful knowledge to have for when troubles happen to your beloved car.