2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram – People today understand that trailer is a vehicle comprised of quite complicated mechanisms. This car is designed not only to travel one place to another but also to take heavy loads. This report will be talking 2006 dodge ram 1500 trailer wiring diagram. What are the benefits of understanding these knowledge? You will be amazed to learn it.
To begin with, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur with the trailer, motorist might want to understand where the problem place is located. It helps immediately in repairing mistakes. Secondly, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer is wonderful for people who want to try assembling for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Usually, there are 3 kinds of diagrams that people are able to take a look at when planning to assemble cables for trailers. Each cable has different function and design so it’s important for motorist to match the needs before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram version is much more acceptable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer electricity better therefore the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the auto. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your ground.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left handed mark.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is terrific for trailer which has big capacity. But, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric consuming features that RV and other costly trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for superior understanding.
- White wires for ground power.
- Brown wires for conducting lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow wires for left brake signal and left too.
- Green cables for proper brake signal and right twist also.
- Blue cables for electrical brakes so the automobile can function better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a really fundamental 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This sort of connector is perfect for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads during the trip. Besides being light, it’s implied that the connector does not have any power-draining attachment. The basic diagram for this connector is very similar to aforementioned types.
- White wires for any electricity that occurs on the light.
- Brown cables for almost any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for almost any left brake signal and left signal turn.
- Green wires for any appropriate brake signal and appropriate signal twist.
Driver should notice several things linked to the diagram, however. Such things will protect against driver from encountering any electric problem during use. It’s strongly recommended that the white wire should connect the ground to any wire on top. Though this sounds dull, it will conserve user from hassles in the future.
There is another thing related to diagram however is especially about routing. A way to wrap it round the trailer can be very intriguing. It is because the cable will be able to distribute power to other trailer’s parts in equal manner. Wires should be safeguarded by material that’s strong and durable but doesn’t hinder its working.
Hopefully the article related to 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram is helping driver to designing their own trailer wires . If not it is still a fantastic knowledge to have for when troubles happen to your precious car.