2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a vehicle comprised of quite complicated mechanisms. This vehicle is designed not just to travel 1 location to another but also to take heavy loads. This article will be discussing 2006 dodge ram 1500 trailer wiring diagram. Which are the advantages of knowing such knowledge? You will be surprised to learn it.
First, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, driver would want to learn where the problem place is located. It will help immediately in repairing errors. Second, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is very good for those who wish to try gathering for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Generally, there are three types of diagrams people can take a look at when planning to assemble cables for trailers. Each cable includes different function and layout so it’s important for driver to coincide with the requirements before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram model is more suitable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer electricity better hence the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the auto. Here is the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your ground.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left turn markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lighting.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is very good for trailer that has large capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric intensive attributes that RV and other expensive trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for superior understanding.
- White wires for ground power.
- Brown wires for conducting lights, tail lamps, and negative markers.
- Yellow cables for left brake signal and left turn too.
- Green cables for right brake signal and right twist also.
- Blue wires for electrical brakes so the car can operate much better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a very fundamental 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is excellent for customer trailers. It ought not be carrying heavy loads through the journey. Along with being light, it’s suggested that the connector doesn’t have any power-draining accessory. The simple diagram for this connector is rather like aforementioned types.
- White wires for any power that happens on the light.
- Brown cables for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for any left brake signal and left signal twist.
- Green wires for any correct brake sign and right signal twist.
Driver should notice several things linked to the diagram, though. These items will avert motorist from encountering any electrical problem during use. It’s advisable that the white wire should connect the floor to some white wire on top. Though this sounds tedious, it will save user from hassles later on.
There’s another thing related to diagram but is especially about routing. An approach to wrap it round the trailer can be quite interesting. It’s because the cable will have the ability to distribute electricity to other trailer’s components in equivalent way. Wires should be safeguarded by material that is strong and durable but doesn’t interfere with its functioning.
Hopefully this article related to 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram will be helping driver to designing their own trailer cables better. If not it’s still a fantastic knowledge to have for when troubles happen to your precious car.