2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram – People understand that trailer is a car comprised of rather complicated mechanics. This car is designed not just to travel 1 location to another but also to take heavy loads. This guide will be talking 2004 jeep grand cherokee trailer wiring diagram. What are the advantages of understanding such knowledge? You will be surprised to learn it.
First, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, driver might want to learn where the problem spot can be located. It helps immediately in fixing errors. Secondly, knowing the diagram of wires for trailer is terrific for those who want to try gathering for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Generally, there are three kinds of diagrams that people may take a look at when aiming to assemble wires for trailers. Each cable has different function and design so it is essential for driver to match the needs before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram version is more suitable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better therefore the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the car. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your ground.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left turn mark.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and right turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is terrific for trailer which has large capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric intensive features that RV and other costly trailers might have. Below is the configuration to get 5-pin connector for greater understanding.
- White cables for floor electricity.
- Brown wires for running lights, tail lamps, and negative markers.
- Yellow wires for left brake signal and left turn too.
- Green cables for proper brake signal and right turn also.
- Blue cables for electric brakes so the automobile can operate much better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a very basic 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This type of connector is fantastic for consumer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads through the journey. In addition to being light, it’s suggested that the connector doesn’t have some power-draining attachment. The fundamental diagram for the connector is rather similar to aforementioned types.
- White cables for any electricity that happens on the light.
- Brown wires for almost any running lights, back lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for virtually any left brake sign and left sign twist.
- Green wires for any appropriate brake sign and right signal turn.
Driver should note several things linked to the diagram, however. These items will protect against motorist from encountering any electric problem during use. It’s advisable that the white wire should connect the floor to any wire at the top. Although this sounds tedious, it is going to save consumer from hassles in the future.
There’s another thing linked to diagram however is particularly about routing. An approach to wrap it about the trailer can be quite intriguing. It is because the cable will be able to distribute power to additional trailer’s components in equal way. Wires should be protected by material that is strong and durable but does not hinder its functioning.
Hopefully this post related to 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram is assisting motorist to designing their own trailer wires better. If not it’s still a fantastic knowledge to have for when troubles happen to your precious car.