2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a vehicle comprised of rather complicated mechanisms. This car is designed not just to travel 1 location to another but also to carry heavy loads. This report will be talking 2004 jeep grand cherokee trailer wiring diagram. Which are the advantages of understanding these knowledge? You’ll be surprised to understand it.
First, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues happen with the trailer, driver would wish to learn where the problem place can be located. It helps immediately in repairing errors. Secondly, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer is good for those who wish to try building for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Typically, there are 3 types of diagrams which people are able to look at when planning to assemble cables such as trailers. Each cable has different function and layout so it is essential for motorist to coincide with the requirements before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram version is much more suitable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It can transfer power better hence the connector is suggested for higher-level electric in the car. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the floor.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left turn markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and right turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is good for trailer that has big capacity. However, it doesn’t possess as sophisticated and electrical consuming attributes that RV and other costly trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for greater comprehension.
- White wires for ground electricity.
- Brown cables for running lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow cables for abandoned brake signal and left turn too.
- Green cables for right brake sign and right turn also.
- Blue cables for electrical brakes so that the automobile can operate better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a really fundamental 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is great for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the trip. Along with being light, it’s suggested that the connector doesn’t have any power-draining attachment. The basic diagram for the connector is quite similar to above types.
- White wires for any power that happens on the lighting.
- Brown wires for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for virtually any left brake sign and left sign twist.
- Green wires for any ideal brake signal and right signal turn.
Driver should note several things related to the diagram, though. Such things will stop motorist from encountering any electrical problem during usage. It is encouraged that the white wire should connect the floor to any white wire on top. Though this sounds dull, it is going to save consumer from hassles in the future.
There is another thing related to diagram however is especially about routing. An approach to wrap it about the trailer can be quite intriguing. It is because the wire will be able to distribute electricity to additional trailer’s components in equivalent method. Wires should be guarded by material that’s strong and durable but doesn’t hinder its functioning.
Hopefully this post related to 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailer Wiring Diagram is helping driver to designing their own trailer cables better. If not it is still a great knowledge to have for when troubles happen to your precious car.