2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a car comprised of quite complicated mechanics. This vehicle is designed not just to travel one location to another but also to take heavy loads. This guide will be talking 2004 dodge ram trailer wiring diagram. Which are the advantages of understanding these understanding? You’ll be surprised to understand it.
First, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues happen using the trailer, motorist would wish to understand where the problem spot is located. It helps immediately in fixing mistakes. Secondly, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer is very good for those who want to test gathering for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Generally, there are three types of diagrams which people are able to look at when aiming to build wires such as trailers. Each cable includes different function and design so it is important for motorist to coincide with the requirements before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram version is far more appropriate for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer electricity better so the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the car. Here is the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the ground.
- Brown Pin for side markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left turn markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and turn markers.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lighting.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is good for trailer which has big capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric intensive characteristics that RV and other expensive trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for superior comprehension.
- White cables for ground power.
- Brown cables for running lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow cables for abandoned brake signal and left too.
- Green wires for proper brake sign and right turn too.
- Blue wires for electric brakes so that the automobile can operate much better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a really fundamental 2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This type of connector is excellent for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the trip. In addition to being light, it’s implied that the connector does not have some power-draining attachment. The basic diagram for the connector is quite similar to above types.
- White wires for any power that occurs on the lighting.
- Brown wires for almost any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow cables for virtually any left brake signal and left signal turn.
- Green cables for any right brake sign and appropriate signal twist.
Driver must notice several things linked to the diagram, however. These items will avert motorist from encountering any electric problem during utilization. It’s recommended that the white wire should connect the ground to some wire at the top. Though this sounds dull, it will save user from hassles later on.
There’s another thing linked to diagram but is particularly about routing. A way to wrap it about the trailer can be quite intriguing. It’s because the cable will be able to distribute power to other trailer’s components in equal manner. Wires should be protected by substance that is powerful and durable but doesn’t interfere with its working.
Hopefully this article related to 2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram is assisting driver to designing their own trailer wires better. If not it is still a terrific knowledge to get for when troubles happen to your beloved car.