2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram – People comprehend that trailer is a vehicle comprised of very complicated mechanisms. This car is designed not just to travel 1 place to another but also to take heavy loads. This report will be talking 2004 dodge ram trailer wiring diagram. Which are the advantages of knowing such understanding? You’ll be surprised to know it.
To begin with, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues happen with the trailer, motorist would wish to know where the problem spot can be located. It helps immediately in fixing errors. Secondly, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer is great for those who wish to try constructing for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Generally, there are 3 kinds of diagrams that people may take a look at when planning to build wires such as trailers. Each cable includes different function and design so it is essential for driver to coincide with the needs before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram version is more acceptable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It can transfer electricity better therefore the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the car. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the ground.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left handed mark.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and right turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is good for trailer that has big capacity. But, it does not possess as sophisticated and electrical consuming features that RV and other expensive trailers might have. Below is the setup to get 5-pin connector for superior comprehension.
- White cables for ground power.
- Brown cables for working lights, tail lamps, and negative markers.
- Yellow cables for abandoned brake signal and left too.
- Green wires for right brake signal and right twist also.
- Blue cables for electric brakes so the automobile can operate better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a really basic 2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is fantastic for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the journey. Besides being light, it is suggested that the connector doesn’t have any power-draining accessory. The fundamental diagram for the connector is quite like aforementioned types.
- White wires for any power that happens on the lighting.
- Brown cables for almost any running lights, back lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow cables for virtually any left brake sign and left sign turn.
- Green wires for any appropriate brake sign and appropriate signal twist.
Driver must note several things related to the diagram, though. Such things will protect against driver from encountering any electric problem during utilization. It is suggested that the white wire should connect the ground to some wire at the top. Though this sounds tedious, it will save consumer from hassles later on.
There’s another thing related to diagram but is especially about routing. An approach to wrap it round the trailer can be very interesting. It is because the cable will be able to distribute power to additional trailer’s parts in equal way. Wires should be guarded by substance that is strong and durable but doesn’t interfere with its working.
Hopefully the post related to 2004 Dodge Ram Trailer Wiring Diagram is assisting driver to designing their own trailer cables better. If not it is still a excellent knowledge to have for when problems happen to your beloved vehicle.