2004 Dodge Ram 7 Pin Trailer Wiring Diagram – People understand that trailer is a car comprised of rather complicated mechanics. This car is designed not only to travel one place to another but also to carry heavy loads. This article will be talking 2004 dodge ram 7 pin trailer wiring diagram. Which are the advantages of understanding such knowledge? You’ll be surprised to understand it.
First, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, driver might wish to know where the problem spot can be located. It helps immediately in repairing errors. Second, knowing the diagram of cables for trailer is very good for those who want to try building for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Normally, there are 3 kinds of diagrams people are able to take a look at when aiming to build cables such as trailers. Each cable includes different purpose and layout so it’s essential for motorist to match the requirements before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2004 Dodge Ram 7 Pin Trailer Wiring Diagram version is much more suitable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better compared to the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the auto. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your floor.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is great for trailer that has big capacity. But, it doesn’t have as sophisticated and electric consuming attributes that RV and other expensive trailers may have. Below is the setup to get 5-pin connector for greater understanding.
- White cables for ground power.
- Brown cables for working lights, tail lights, and side markers.
- Yellow wires for left brake signal and left turn too.
- Green cables for right brake signal and right turn too.
- Blue cables for electric brakes so the car can operate better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a really basic 2004 Dodge Ram 7 Pin Trailer Wiring Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This kind of connector is perfect for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads during the journey. In addition to being light, it is advised that the connector does not have some power-draining accessory. The fundamental diagram for the connector is rather like above types.
- White cables for any power that happens on the light.
- Brown wires for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow cables for almost any left brake sign and left signal twist.
- Green cables for any perfect brake signal and appropriate signal turn.
Driver must note several things linked to the diagram, however. These items will prevent motorist from encountering any electric problem during usage. It is advised that the white wire should connect the ground to some wire at the top. Though this sounds dull, it is going to conserve consumer from hassles later on.
There is another thing related to diagram but is especially about routing. A way to wrap it round the trailer can be quite intriguing. It is because the cable will be able to distribute power to additional trailer’s parts in equal way. Wires should be protected by substance that is strong and durable but doesn’t interfere with its functioning.
Hopefully this article related to 2004 Dodge Ram 7 Pin Trailer Wiring Diagram is helping driver to design their own trailer cables better. If not it is still a terrific knowledge to get for when problems happen to your beloved vehicle.