2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram – Folks understand that trailer is a car comprised of quite complicated mechanics. This car is designed not only to travel 1 location to another but also to carry heavy loads. This report will be talking 2004 dodge ram 1500 trailer wiring diagram. Which are the advantages of understanding such knowledge? You’ll be amazed to understand it.
To begin with, knowing the diagram of cables for trailer will be useful during troubleshooting. When issues occur using the trailer, motorist might want to learn where the problem spot is located. It will help immediately in fixing errors. Secondly, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is wonderful for people who wish to test gathering for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Normally, there are 3 kinds of diagrams which people may take a look at when aiming to build wires such as trailers. Each cable has different function and layout so it’s important for motorist to match the needs before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram version is much more acceptable for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better hence the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the car. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the floor.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left handed mark.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and right turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electrical brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for copy lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is great for trailer that has big capacity. However, it doesn’t possess as sophisticated and electric consuming attributes that RV and other costly trailers may have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for improved understanding.
- White wires for ground electricity.
- Brown wires for working lights, tail lights, and negative markers.
- Yellow wires for left brake signal and left too.
- Green wires for right brake signal and right twist too.
- Blue wires for electrical brakes so that the car can operate better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a very basic 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This type of connector is fantastic for customer trailers. It should not be carrying heavy loads throughout the journey. Besides being light, it is implied that the connector does not have any power-draining attachment. The simple diagram for the connector is quite similar to above types.
- White wires for any electricity that occurs on the lighting.
- Brown cables for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for almost any left brake signal and left signal turn.
- Green cables for any appropriate brake sign and appropriate signal twist.
Driver must note several things linked to the diagram, however. These items will prevent driver from encountering any electrical problem during use. It is advisable that the white cable must connect the floor to some wire on top. Though this sounds dull, it is going to save user from hassles in the future.
There’s another thing linked to diagram however is particularly concerning routing. An approach to wrap it about the trailer can be quite interesting. It is because the cable will have the ability to distribute electricity to other trailer’s parts in equivalent method. Wires should be safeguarded by material that is powerful and durable but does not interfere with its functioning.
Hopefully the article associated with 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram will be assisting driver to designing their own trailer cables better. If not it is still a fantastic knowledge to get for when problems happen to your precious car.