2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram – People today understand that trailer is a car comprised of very complicated mechanisms. This automobile is designed not only to travel one place to another but also to take heavy loads. This report will be talking 2004 dodge ram 1500 trailer wiring diagram. What are the benefits of knowing such knowledge? You’ll be amazed to know it.
To begin with, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues happen using the trailer, motorist might want to understand where the problem spot can be located. It will help immediately in repairing mistakes. Second, understanding the diagram of cables for trailer is very good for those who wish to try constructing for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Typically, there are 3 types of diagrams people may take a look at when planning to build wires for trailers. Each cable includes different function and design so it is essential for motorist to match the needs before deciding on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram version is much more appropriate for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It can transfer power better so the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the vehicle. Here’s the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin to your floor.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lamps, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for abandoned brake light and left handed markers.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for right brake light and turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is terrific for trailer which has big capacity. However, it does not possess as sophisticated and electric intensive characteristics that RV and other expensive trailers may have. Below is the configuration to get 5-pin connector for greater understanding.
- White wires for ground electricity.
- Brown cables for conducting lights, tail lights, and side markers.
- Yellow cables for left brake signal and left too.
- Green wires for proper brake signal and right turn also.
- Blue wires for electrical brakes so the automobile can function better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There is a very basic 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram. It is the 4-pin connector. This sort of connector is perfect for consumer trailers. It ought not be carrying significant loads during the trip. In addition to being light, it is suggested that the connector does not have any power-draining attachment. The basic diagram for this connector is very similar to above types.
- White cables for any electricity that occurs on the lighting.
- Brown cables for virtually any running lights, back lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for almost any left brake sign and left signal turn.
- Green cables for any proper brake sign and appropriate signal turn.
Driver must note several things linked to the diagram, however. Such things will protect against motorist from encountering any electrical problem during use. It is advised that the white cable must connect the ground to any wire at the top. Though this sounds tedious, it is going to save user from hassles in the future.
There is another thing linked to diagram however is particularly about routing. An approach to wrap it about the trailer can be very intriguing. It is because the cable will have the ability to distribute electricity to other trailer’s components in equivalent method. Wires should be safeguarded by material that is strong and durable but does not hinder its working.
Hopefully this post related to 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram is helping driver to designing their own trailer cables better. If not it is still a excellent knowledge to get for when troubles happen to your beloved vehicle.