1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram – People understand that trailer is a vehicle comprised of very complicated mechanics. This vehicle is designed not just to travel 1 location to another but also to take heavy loads. This guide will be talking 1999 dodge ram 1500 trailer wiring diagram. What are the benefits of understanding such knowledge? You’ll be amazed to learn it.
First, knowing the diagram of cables for trailer will be helpful during troubleshooting. When issues happen with the trailer, driver might wish to learn where the problem spot is located. It helps immediately in fixing errors. Second, understanding the diagram of wires for trailer is terrific for those who want to test building for themselves.
Learning Trailer Wiring Diagram Better
Normally, there are 3 types of diagrams people may look at when aiming to build cables such as trailers. Each cable has different purpose and layout so it’s essential for motorist to coincide with the requirements before settling on one.
- 7-Pin Connector
This 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram version is far more appropriate for sophisticated trailers and RVs. It may transfer power better hence the connector is recommended for higher-level electric in the auto. Here is the diagram for 7-pin connector.
- White Pin for the floor.
- Brown Pin for unwanted markers, tail lights, and running lights.
- Yellow Pin for left brake light and left turn mark.
- Green Pin Yellow Pin for appropriate brake light and right turn mark.
- Blue Pin for electric brakes.
- Red 12 volt auxiliary power.
- Purple for backup lights.
- 5-Pin Connector
This 5-pin trailer wiring diagram is good for trailer that has big capacity. But, it does not possess as sophisticated and electrical consuming features that RV and other costly trailers might have. Below is the configuration for 5-pin connector for better understanding.
- White wires for floor power.
- Brown wires for conducting lights, tail lamps, and negative markers.
- Yellow wires for abandoned brake signal and left turn too.
- Green wires for right brake signal and right turn also.
- Blue wires for electrical brakes so the automobile can operate much better.
- 4-Pin Connector
There’s a very fundamental 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram. It’s the 4-pin connector. This sort of connector is excellent for customer trailers. It should not be carrying significant loads throughout the trip. Along with being light, it’s implied that the connector doesn’t have some power-draining attachment. The fundamental diagram for this connector is quite similar to above types.
- White wires for any power that happens on the lighting.
- Brown cables for any running lights, rear lights, and peripheral markers.
- Yellow wires for any left brake sign and left signal turn.
- Green cables for any proper brake sign and appropriate signal turn.
Driver should note several things related to the diagram, however. Such things will protect against motorist from encountering any electrical problem during use. It’s suggested that the white cable must connect the ground to some wire on top. Though this sounds dull, it will save user from hassles later on.
There is another thing related to diagram but is particularly concerning routing. A way to wrap it around the trailer can be very interesting. It is because the cable will have the ability to distribute electricity to additional trailer’s parts in equal manner. Wires should be safeguarded by material that is powerful and durable but does not interfere with its functioning.
Hopefully the post associated with 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Trailer Wiring Diagram will be helping motorist to design their own trailer wires better. If not it is still a fantastic knowledge to get for when problems happen to your beloved car.